The prime directive of the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) Office of the University Registrar’s (OUR) is to function in support of the other administrative and academic units that depend on it as a matter of regular business or that may call upon it as demanded by arising business, as well as serve other members of the UPD community and the greater public that may have a need for it. It fulfills this function by providing information and services to support, facilitate, and promote not only the educational mission but the commitment of the flagship campus of the National University to serve the Filipino people; and further rises to the demands of the times by likewise extending its relevance to the citizens of the greater global community that come within the ambit of the University of the Philippines’ relations. The OUR’s role specifically includes providing accurate, validated, authenticated information; documentation; advice and critical support; and other services related to academic programs and degree requirements, registration, and enrollment , permanent academic records and other credentials for a variety of students’ internal (faculty, staff, and administrators) and external (e.g., local and international private and government organizations) entities’ credentialing concerns, in a timely, accurate, confidential, and client-centered manner, in accordance with University policy and in fulfillment of the institution’s mandate to be of service to the nation.
The Office of the University Registrar operates by directing its action in fulfillment of the following objectives:
- To be a paragon of public service in order to be a worthy representation of the University of which it is a unit;
- To provide unstinting service to the University and its greater community by responding in a professional, efficient, courteous, and sincere manner towards all its clientele;
- To support the academic vision and mission of the University towards operational efficiency and service excellence by fairly and consistently illuminating, directly administering, or overseeing to the implementation of institutional administrative and academic policies through effective communication and collaboration with the academic and administrative constituents of the various units within UPD and the UP System.
- To ensure well-managed processing, data integrity, and impeccable outputs through available innovative electronic platforms and person-to-person transactions built on a “high-touch, high tech” philosophy of customer care.
- To serve faculty, students, alumni, parents, staff, and members of the general public in other ways as may be required of the office, but to rise to such a call while staying within the bounds of law and ethics defined by the OUR’s and the UP’s mandate and its charter as the Philippine’s National University, thereby serving as the bastion of the institution’s unsullied reputation of honor and excellence.
Website: Office of the University Registrar